- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
Question of the Day
Written by Craig Wright (“Brothers & Sisters,” “Lost,” “Six Feet Under”), “Dirty Sexy Money” has all the ingredients necessary to become a 21st-century “Dallas,” the Chronicle says.
On the other hand, some critics are betting that the network’s “Cavemen” — which is based on the popular commercials for Geico insurance — never makes it to air. According to the Chronicle, ABC is reworking the concept and promises a new pilot.
Here’s a Jessica Fletcher alert: Cable’s Hallmark Channel is airing a “Murder, She Wrote” marathon on Saturday from 1 to 9 p.m. with Angela Lansbury — who made the character one of TV’s most gracious and enduring sleuths.
According to AP, MIss Lansbury will share some of her favorite episodes, behind-the-scenes anecdotes and other memories. She’s also kindly opening the door for a new crime solver, helping introduce the movie “Claire” (9 p.m.) with Valerie Bertinelli as a suburban mom who finds her psychic gifts in demand when murder plagues her town.
Compiled by Robyn-Denise Yourse from Web and wire reports.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq