- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
‘Sopranos,’ HBO movie top Emmy list
Question of the Day
Altogether, 463 nominations were announced. HBO was the most recognized with 86 bids, followed by ABC with 70, NBC with 69, CBS with 44, Fox with 28, and PBS with 24.
Nominees as top actors in a miniseries or movie included Jim Broadbent for “Longford,” Robert Duvall for “Broken Trail,” William H. Macy for “Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King (Umney’s Last Case),” Matthew Perry for “The Ron Clark Story” and Tom Selleck for “Jesse Stone: Sea Change.”
Lead actresses nominated in that category were Queen Latifah for “Life Support,” Debra Messing for “The Starter Wife,” Helen Mirren for “Prime Suspect: The Final Act,” Gina Rowlands for “What If God Were the Sun?” and “Weeds” star Miss Parker for “The Robber Bride.”
The three-hour Emmy Awards ceremony will be broadcast Sept. 16 by Fox from the Shrine Auditorium.
A complete list of all nominees is available at www.emmys.org
Associated Press writer Solvej Schou contributed to this report.
It's yet another example of his lack of transparency
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly cancelled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- Obama bests Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper in pool match
- CARSON: Health savings accounts far better than Obamacare
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Court orders Chicago to pay NRA's legal fees
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener