- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
Question of the Day
Light-rail line opens in Seattle
SEATTLE — A new light-rail line opened Saturday in Seattle.
The 13.9-mile Link route between downtown Seattle and the south Seattle suburb of Tukwila inaugurated the service with free rides for its first two days of operation.
Sound Transit officials planned for as many as 50,000 riders Saturday, with police, transit staff and volunteers working on crowd control and communications.
A dozen two-car trains were ready to run at 7½-minute intervals. Two more trains were in reserve, along with seven other rail cars that also could be used on the line.
Two killed in plane crash
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. — Authorities say two people were killed in the crash of an experimental airplane in northern Los Angeles County.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said the single-engine Lancair crashed Saturday in a farming community in Santa Clarita.
Both people on board were killed. Their identities were not immediately known.
It was unclear where the plane’s flight originated or where it was headed.
Mr. Gregor said the home-built aircraft is registered to an Encino resident. Officials wouldn’t release the plane’s tail number until family members were notified.
The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the cause of the crash.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world