- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Cushing blames positive test on overtraining
Question of the Day
Cushing said he was told after he failed the test that HCG can get in your body by injection or because of tumors. McNair said on the first day of training camp that the Texans’ main concern is for Cushing’s health, and McNair said the linebacker has undergone every test the team has asked him to take.
“He has cooperated with us 100 percent,” McNair said. “We’ve satisfied ourselves that there are no health issues, and also that there was no evidence at all that he’s done anything at all that was not proper.”
“I’ve got 12 games I’ve got to get ready for,” he said. “Whatever decision is made, I’ve got to respect the decision of the commissioner.
“I’m staying open-minded today, but I’m not getting my hopes up,” he said. “It’s been an up-and-down couple of months, where I haven’t been really sure what to expect with anything.”
“I have to be here for the team right now,” he said. “This is out of my hands, with the data and the evidence that we have. There’s nothing I’m going to say or prove that’s going to help turn anything over.”
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq