- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Question of the Day
Oakland police say there were no arrests Sunday.
SEAL honored with Navy destroyer
BATH | The U.S. Navy authenticated the keel for a warship named after a fallen Navy SEAL at a shipyard in Maine, the Navy announced.
The Navy laid the keel for the future USS Michael Murphy at the General Dynamics-Bath Iron Works shipyard in Bath. The ship, the 62nd ship in the DDG-51 class, is a multimission vessel designed to respond to a variety of threats with its Aegis Combat System.
Murphy was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions in support of combat operations in Afghanistan in June 2005.
The U.S. Navy said Murphy and his four-man team came under enemy fire near Asadabad, Afghanistan. He took repeated enemy fire when he left his cover position in order to relay unit location and call in support to his headquarters. He later returned to cover and died while engaging insurgent forces.
Lennon lyrics fetch $1.2 million at auction
NEW YORK | John Lennon’s handwritten lyrics to the final song on the classic Beatles album “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” were purchased by an American collector on Friday for $1.2 million.
The winning bid for “A Day in the Life” was placed by phone at Sotheby’s auction house, which declined to identify the collector further. The price exceeded the pre-sale estimate of between $500,000 and $800,000.
The double-sided sheet of paper features Lennon’s edits and corrections in his own hand.
Firing squad executes killer
SALT LAKE CITY | A firing squad fatally shot a convicted killer last week in the third U.S. execution by that means since 1976.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world