- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Oakland police say there were no arrests Sunday.
SEAL honored with Navy destroyer
BATH | The U.S. Navy authenticated the keel for a warship named after a fallen Navy SEAL at a shipyard in Maine, the Navy announced.
The Navy laid the keel for the future USS Michael Murphy at the General Dynamics-Bath Iron Works shipyard in Bath. The ship, the 62nd ship in the DDG-51 class, is a multimission vessel designed to respond to a variety of threats with its Aegis Combat System.
Murphy was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions in support of combat operations in Afghanistan in June 2005.
The U.S. Navy said Murphy and his four-man team came under enemy fire near Asadabad, Afghanistan. He took repeated enemy fire when he left his cover position in order to relay unit location and call in support to his headquarters. He later returned to cover and died while engaging insurgent forces.
Lennon lyrics fetch $1.2 million at auction
NEW YORK | John Lennon’s handwritten lyrics to the final song on the classic Beatles album “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” were purchased by an American collector on Friday for $1.2 million.
The winning bid for “A Day in the Life” was placed by phone at Sotheby’s auction house, which declined to identify the collector further. The price exceeded the pre-sale estimate of between $500,000 and $800,000.
The double-sided sheet of paper features Lennon’s edits and corrections in his own hand.
Firing squad executes killer
SALT LAKE CITY | A firing squad fatally shot a convicted killer last week in the third U.S. execution by that means since 1976.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- 10 million new babies? China's hope for boom likely to become policy bust
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.