- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
Question of the Day
Oakland police say there were no arrests Sunday.
SEAL honored with Navy destroyer
BATH | The U.S. Navy authenticated the keel for a warship named after a fallen Navy SEAL at a shipyard in Maine, the Navy announced.
The Navy laid the keel for the future USS Michael Murphy at the General Dynamics-Bath Iron Works shipyard in Bath. The ship, the 62nd ship in the DDG-51 class, is a multimission vessel designed to respond to a variety of threats with its Aegis Combat System.
Murphy was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions in support of combat operations in Afghanistan in June 2005.
The U.S. Navy said Murphy and his four-man team came under enemy fire near Asadabad, Afghanistan. He took repeated enemy fire when he left his cover position in order to relay unit location and call in support to his headquarters. He later returned to cover and died while engaging insurgent forces.
Lennon lyrics fetch $1.2 million at auction
NEW YORK | John Lennon’s handwritten lyrics to the final song on the classic Beatles album “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” were purchased by an American collector on Friday for $1.2 million.
The winning bid for “A Day in the Life” was placed by phone at Sotheby’s auction house, which declined to identify the collector further. The price exceeded the pre-sale estimate of between $500,000 and $800,000.
The double-sided sheet of paper features Lennon’s edits and corrections in his own hand.
Firing squad executes killer
SALT LAKE CITY | A firing squad fatally shot a convicted killer last week in the third U.S. execution by that means since 1976.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq