- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Oakland police say there were no arrests Sunday.
SEAL honored with Navy destroyer
BATH | The U.S. Navy authenticated the keel for a warship named after a fallen Navy SEAL at a shipyard in Maine, the Navy announced.
The Navy laid the keel for the future USS Michael Murphy at the General Dynamics-Bath Iron Works shipyard in Bath. The ship, the 62nd ship in the DDG-51 class, is a multimission vessel designed to respond to a variety of threats with its Aegis Combat System.
Murphy was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions in support of combat operations in Afghanistan in June 2005.
The U.S. Navy said Murphy and his four-man team came under enemy fire near Asadabad, Afghanistan. He took repeated enemy fire when he left his cover position in order to relay unit location and call in support to his headquarters. He later returned to cover and died while engaging insurgent forces.
Lennon lyrics fetch $1.2 million at auction
NEW YORK | John Lennon’s handwritten lyrics to the final song on the classic Beatles album “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” were purchased by an American collector on Friday for $1.2 million.
The winning bid for “A Day in the Life” was placed by phone at Sotheby’s auction house, which declined to identify the collector further. The price exceeded the pre-sale estimate of between $500,000 and $800,000.
The double-sided sheet of paper features Lennon’s edits and corrections in his own hand.
Firing squad executes killer
SALT LAKE CITY | A firing squad fatally shot a convicted killer last week in the third U.S. execution by that means since 1976.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.