- Stocks gain as investors weigh economic news
- Doctors say ‘profound’ new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- NYPD head Ray Kelly wins big retirement perk — a $1.5M tax-paid team of bodyguards
- #smh: Pentagon may forgive recruits’ vulgar, disrespectful social media posts
- Libraries to feds: Stop spying on us
- Britain eyes new powers to thwart Islamic extremists
- Angry NTSB ousts railroad union from N.Y. train crash site
- Sen. Bernie Sanders hints at White House run
- Westboro Baptists slam actor Paul Walker: He’s ‘in Hell’
Shopping can wait: It’s football Friday
Question of the Day
Virginia (plus 23 1/2) at No. 13 Virginia Tech
Hokies have won six straight meetings … VIRGINIA TECH 35-10.
No. 15 Missouri (minus 24 1/2) vs. Kansas at Kansas City, Mo.
Tigers still alive in Big 12 North if Nebraska losses … MISSOURI 48-10
No. 18 South Carolina (minus 3) at Clemson
Tigers have not lost two straight to Gamecocks since 1970 … SOUTH CAROLINA 31-23.
No. 21 North Carolina State (minus 2 1/2) at Maryland
Wolfpack are victory away from first ACC title game … MARYLAND 28-21.
Florida (plus 2 1/2) at No. 22 Florida State
Gators have never lost to ‘Noles under Urban Meyer … FLORIDA STATE 28-17.
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Issa: FBI impeding inquiry into IRS targeting of conservative groups
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- MILLER: Obamas EPA closing smelter will not affect ammunition supply
- Last call: State Dept. bought $180,000 in liquor before shutdown
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Harry Reid gives some staffers a pass on Obamacare
- Bill Clinton: Damage to Democrats over Obamacare rollout failure will be 'minimal'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Never apologetic. Never afraid. Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West joins Communities to bring tales from the biggest Foxhole of them all, the one inside the Beltway.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.