- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
Soros a threat to a moral America
Question of the Day
George Soros‘ political philosophy, which advocates a culture of abortion, atheism, pornography, homosexual marriage, euthanasia, doctor-assisted suicide and legalized drugs, if realized, would surely mean the end of a free and moral America (“The Soros empire,” Commentary, Friday).
I find Mr. Soros‘ politics rather ironic given that he fled Nazi-occupied Hungary as a youth. Mr. Soros uses his vast wealth to fund anti-American policies and leftist politicians with the hope of transforming our constitutional system of government.
Our Founding Fathers warned us about individuals like Mr. Soros. John Adams said that our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. Benjamin Rush stated that without religion, there can be no virtue, and without virtue there can be no liberty. Noah Webster posited that the Judeo-Christian religion is the source of genuine freedom in government. George Washington said that religion and morality are the essential pillars of a civil society. We are at a crucial crossroads in America. If our free and moral form of government is to survive, we the people must stand up against tyranny in all of its forms.
Berwyn Heights, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
Get Breaking Alerts
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives