- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Who’s liberal now?
I noted a strong contrast between the crowds that attended President Obama's inauguration rally and the "Restoring Honor" rally on the Mall ("Mall rally sends message of anti-Washington unrest," Politics, Monday).
The contrast was not in the numbers in attendance, for those were not significantly different. It was in how each group left the Mall. After the Restoring Honor rally, the Mall was clean, with virtually no trash left behind. After the inauguration, millions of dollars of our tax money had to be spent to remove tons of refuse left behind and to repair the damaged lawns. Those are just facts, apparently, that were not worth reporting.
I think the mainstream news media got it all wrong when they reported that Saturday's crowd was conservative. Because liberals are considered to be the most environmentally concerned, I would have to assume that the people attending the Restoring Honor rally were really more liberal than those attending the Inauguration.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter