- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Question of the Day
The utility is working with telecom equipment maker Alcatel-Lucent SA on the project.
EPB provides service to more than 169,000 residents in a 600-square-mile area in southeastern Tennessee and northwestern Georgia.
Presidents Park to close this month
YORKTOWN | A Virginia attraction that features giant busts of 43 U.S. presidents is closing by month’s end.
Presidents Park in Yorktown has announced it’s closing on Sept. 30, according to its website and the Daily Press of Newport News, which first reported the closing on Monday.
Founder Everette H. Newman III said the attraction will liquidate the property and its assets. He said 350,000 visitors have toured the park since its opening in 2004.
The park will close without the likeness of President Obama. It was attempting to raise $60,000 to build and install the 16- to 18-foot tall steel-and-concrete bust.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs