- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
NUGENT: Rise of the goons
Thank a liberal for creating a legion of rioting dependents
Did you really expect anything different? From London to Philadelphia to Milwaukee, goons are rioting in the streets. And guess what? I don’t believe it is the fundamental fault of the goon squads that they’re rioting, although there’s no excuse for beating people and destroying property.
Societies, especially America’s, have created a shattered social system in which lawlessness and irresponsibility are excused by boneheaded liberals because they don’t think government has provided enough for these supposedly disadvantaged and downtrodden people.
The shiftless, looting goons and their liberal allies think rich people should be taxed more, and more economic advantages must be provided to largely uneducated, unskilled, lazy, incompetent goons. Eat the rich, my foot.
The problem, of course, is the exact opposite. For decades, government has provided too many programs, too many checks, too many safety nets, too many handouts and too many taxpayer-provided gimmes. The goons literally expect a handout instead of a hand up.
Now that governments have become broke because of any number of grossly expensive and tremendously inefficient social-welfare experiments gone awry, once-vibrant economies such as the United States are slowing down thanks to the self-imposed heavy hand of debt, tax systems that punish producers, and borrowing and spending gone mad.
Jobs have evaporated even for skilled, talented and motivated Americans. There are no jobs for goons unless you think robbing, plundering and peddling dope are resume builders.
So now the goons are taking to the streets and creating mayhem in the name of social justice and whatnot.
If the goons had an ounce of brains among them, they would come to the conclusion that the reason they are dumb, unskilled mouth-breathers unprepared for the future is because of bloated, runaway government, not because there has been too little of it or that the rich do not pay enough in taxes.
These idiots are useful political pawns for the very political punks who have manipulated these morons into believing that Uncle Sham is their sugar daddy instead of what Uncle Sham really is - a political-street-corner dope-pusher, a community organizer who has gotten them strung out on the most powerful drug of all: dependency.
Extinct among these goons is any sense of what once made America great. Gone are the independent, strong-willed, pull-yourself-up-by-your-own-bootstraps people who thought the basic role of the federal government was simply to protect them from invasion by another country.
Now we are a nation of wussies and stupid goons who have suckled on the teat of Aunt Sugar Momma for so long that many Americans know nothing different. When the teat runs dry, gangland rioting follows. Kicking the habit of dependency is an obviously painful process.
Americans need to ask their politicians one simple, fundamental question: What is the role of government?
Those political punks who give some glib answer about providing for the good of the people have given rise to the rioting goon squads. Vote every one of these modern-day slave masters out of office.
Support and vote for politicians who champion much less government and much more personal responsibility. It is those politicians who ultimately will liberate people instead of stringing them out on the dope of soulless dependency.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Get Breaking Alerts
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return to Redskins