- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
Kelly: Crist, Rees neck-and-neck for Irish QB job
“There is a whole lot of competition. Each and every day you got to come in and they have to come in with the right mindset to get better,” Riddick said. “And they have. It has definitely improved our team.”
Kelly added that between six and 10 freshmen could play this season for Notre Dame, mostly on special teams.
He noted the special teams contributions last year of then-freshmen Daniel Smith, Bennett Jackson and Austin Collinsworth, and first-year players can make an impact on kick returns and coverage.
“If they can help us win, we are going to play them,” Kelly said.
The speedy Riddick, who returned two kickoffs last season and 37 as a freshman in 2009, would like to help out.
“I definitely want to be on special teams,” he said. “I feel like I can make a huge dent.”
Kelly said reserve offensive lineman Tate Nichols has a dislocated kneecap and won’t be ready for the Sept. 3 opener against South Florida. Senior defensive end Ethan Johnson was ill and missed practice Saturday. Johnson had complained of headaches and underwent a series of tests and is fine, Kelly said.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.