- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
NFL, players working to finish CBA
Question of the Day
“We knew that was going to take a little bit of time (with) some of those issues,” Witten said. “But, gosh, a lot of work’s gone into it to get to this point; hate to see it slip.”
As it is, according to Dolphins coach Tony Sparano, it will be difficult to get any of the players still in waiting onto the field for the first weekend of exhibition games.
“You kind of have to go with what you have now,” he said. “You run the risk of injury a little bit because you’re down on bodies.”
One of those bodies most eager to get back on the field is Reggie Bush, who was traded to Miami by New Orleans last week.
“Honestly, I hope it happens tomorrow,” Bush said. “There are a lot of guys in the league right now who need to get to work.”
AP Pro Football Writer Howard Fendrich in Washington and Sports Writers Steven Wine in Miami, Chris Jenkins in Green Bay, Stephen Hawkins in San Antonio, and Pete Iacobelli in Spartanburg, S.C., and freelance writers Chris Adamski in Pittsburgh and Ernie Palladino in East Rutherford, N.J., contributed to this story.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- Sebelius adds yet another exemption for Obamacare
- Breaking Bad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow