- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Daily Caller: Younger Olsen sister nixes ‘Sex and the City’ rumors
In an interview with OK! magazine, the 22-year-old sister of twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen denied rumors that she will play a younger version of “Sex and the City” lead Carrie Bradshaw in a potential prequel film.
“My friend who loves blogs told me about [the reports] when it was happening, and it’s not real,” Miss Olsen told reporters at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association Luncheon in Southern California over the weekend.
She said something similar to InStyle.com on Friday, “I’m like the biggest fan of 'Sex and the City,' and that’s why I would never do that!”
Earlier this summer, the Daily Caller interviewed “Sex and the City” author Candace Bushnell, who came to D.C. to promote the book’s prequel, “Summer and the City.” During the sit-down chat, Miss Bushnell addressed the buzz around possible “Sex and the City” prequel flicks and said she’d be interested in seeing 19-year-old Disney star Selena Gomez portray a young Charlotte York.
Miss Bushnell’s novels “Summer and the City” and “The Carrie Diaries” track Bradshaw’s teenage, high school and travel adventures before the fictional character becomes a well-regarded New York City sex columnist.
Levi Johnston’s sister says pregnancy was planned
“Levi never liked [Bristol] to drink since it just made her more promiscuous,” Miss Johnston said in an interview with Playboy, according to the New York Post. “Bristol’s pregnancy [with Tripp] wasn’t … an accident. She and Levi planned it. They were trying to conceive for months.”
Miss Johnston made a similar statement last summer, when she wrote on her personal blog, “[Bristol] and Levi were sexually active and trying to conceive a child. … As hard as it is for many of you to believe, they were indeed TRYING. It was NOT an accident!”
Miss Johnston did not provide an explanation for Miss Palin’s apparent change of heart.
During the Playboy interview, Miss Johnston blamed Sarah Palin for the fact that she can’t seem to get hired anywhere in Wasilla, Alaska.
Miss Johnston also had disparaging words about 22-year-old Track Palin, an Iraq War veteran.
“He did OxyContin and mostly cocaine,” Miss Johnston said of Mr. Palin. “He didn’t choose to go into the Army; he went there because his mom made him, to get him out of the way so when she was at the convention they wouldn’t know he does drugs and would think he was a patriot.”
In June, Miss Palin released her memoir “Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far,” which describes Levi as a womanizing “gnat” who “cheated on me about as frequently as he sharpened his hockey skates.” Mr. Johnston’s own book, “Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs,” is slated to hit bookshelves next month.
'Desperate Housewives' ending after eighth season
The television soap opera “Desperate Housewives” will come to a close after the upcoming eighth season, said Paul Lee, president of ABC Entertainment.
“It is an iconic show, we are so proud of it,” Mr. Lee said at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Sunday morning. “I just wanted to make sure this show … had its victory lap, had a chance to really set out every episode and build an arc for 22 episodes so we can say goodbye.”
The show, which follows the lives of a group of suburban women as told by their deceased neighbor, has received multiple Emmy, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards over the years. Since debuting in 2004, the over-the-top drama has captivated viewers.
“[Ending the show is] something that’s weighed on my mind for quite a while now,” Mr. Cherry explained. “I’ve been working in television for 23 years. I’m very aware of people overstaying their welcome. … I just didn’t want that to happen to 'Desperate Housewives.' “
“The truth is, I sort of thought about that a little bit because it’s one of the expected things you do,” Mr. Cherry said. “But for me artistically, I don’t want to repeat stuff that I’ve done. … That’s probably why I won’t be doing a spinoff. I’m really trying to broaden and deepen and challenge myself.”
The eighth season of “Desperate Housewives” will premiere Sept. 25.
• Compiled by Laura Donovan 2011 The Daily Caller
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
John Wood illustrates a new American politics, and the path to get there.
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
White House pets gone wild!