- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
Want to track Santa? There’s an app for that
COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO. (AP) - Want to keep track of Santa this Christmas? There’s an app for that.
NORAD is the military organization responsible for the aerospace defense of the U.S. and Canada. The North American Aerospace Defense Command tracks Santa on Christmas Eve.
This year, it’s counting down to Santa’s takeoff with the NORAD Tracks Santa app, which is offering games like Elf Toss until the big moment. It is available on Apple products and Android, and social media sites.
The agency offers information by phone and online about St. Nick’s location. Last year, it set a record with more than 7,000 emails and more than 80,000 calls, some of which were answered by U.S. first lady Michelle Obama via a hookup from Hawaii, where her family was vacationing.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.