- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Dad says teen who escaped Filipino captors is hero
Question of the Day
LYNCHBURG, Va. — The father of a 14-year-old boy who escaped from suspected al Qaeda-linked militants in the Philippines said his son is a hero.
Heiko Lunsmann said he is proud of his son, Kevin. He told WSET-TV that the last five months have been difficult for the Campbell County family.
Police officials said Kevin escaped Friday and wandered without shoes for two days in a southern Philippine jungle before villagers found him. He is expected to be reunited with his family soon.
Kevin, his mother and a Filipino cousin were vacationing with relatives on an island near Zamboanage City when they were snatched July 12. The mother was freed two months ago and the cousin escaped last month.
Heiko Lunsmann said friends gave him strength to hope during the ordeal.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq