- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Tuning in to TV
A grand jury Wednesday indicted executive vice president Tony Packo III and another company official. They’re accused of stealing more than $100,000 from the business that’s based in Toledo.
Multiple media outlets report the charges stem from a yearlong family battle over control of Tony Packo’s.
A private restaurant group backed by Tony Packo Jr. and his son in October won the bidding for the restaurant chain, whose hot dog sauce is sold nationwide.
The dispute grew after a relative of the Packos began questioning them about company spending.
A message seeking comment was left at the home of Tony Packo III on Wednesday.
Cowell biography set for spring release
A biography of former “American Idol” judge Simon Cowell is coming soon.
Ballantine Books announced Thursday it will publish Tom Bower’s “Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life of Simon Cowell” in the spring. According to Ballantine, an imprint of Random House Inc., Mr. Bower has had “hundreds of hours” of access to Mr. Cowell. The book will also include “direct contributions” from Mr. Cowell’s friends and foes.
The acerbic Brit was a judge on Fox’s “American Idol” for nine seasons. He left “Idol” to launch his British-born hit series “The X Factor” in the U.S. It debuted on Fox this fall.
Mr. Bower has written 19 books, including biographies of former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and media mogul Conrad Black.
• Compiled from Web and wire service reports.
About the Author
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business "The Independents" special "The Gun Show"
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: Restaurants' Obamacare surcharge tough to swallow
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again