- Associated Press - Sunday, December 25, 2011

COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — Illinois-based Mead Johnson on Sunday said another batch of tests done on its Enfamil Premium Newborn infant formula found no trace of the bacteria tied to the death of a baby in Missouri.

Preliminary hospital tests indicated that 10-day-old Avery Cornett died Dec. 18 of a rare infection caused by bacteria known as Cronobacter sakazakii. The source of the bacteria hasn’t been determined, but it can be found in powdered formula.

Avery had consumed Enfamil Newborn formula.

National retailers including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Walgreen Co., Kroger Co. and Safeway have since pulled a batch of the powdered infant formula from their shelves.

The Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Missouri Department of Health are investigating Avery’s death.

Mead Johnson said it had shared its test results with investigators.

Copyright © 2016 The Washington Times, LLC.

blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide