- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
NBA Finals: Nowitzki hits 1st shot of 2nd half
The Mavericks sure turned that around in a hurry.
Miami seemed ready to deliver the early knockout punch, racing to a nine-point lead and sending Dirk Nowitzki to the bench with two fouls.
Instead, the Mavericks closed the first quarter with a 17-5 finish after the big German sat down to take a 32-27 lead.
The biggest concern for the Heat has so far been true. Dallas’ shooters gained confidence with their 112-point performance in Game 5, when they shot 56.5 percent and made 13 of 19 3-pointers. Now Jason Terry came off the bench to hit his first four shots, fellow reserves Brian Cardinal and DeShawn Stevenson hit 3s, and the Mavs are in a groove.
And three quarters from a championship.
Terry struggled for most of four games, kept telling everyone eventually the shots would start falling, and they did in Game 5, when he hit two late 3-pointers among his 21 points.
Apparently he’s still in rhythm.
Great start for LeBron James.
Of course, all people want to talk about are his finishes.
He’s got nine points in the first 4:15, powering the Heat to a 14-10 lead. Best part for the Heat is his outside shot is falling. He nailed a 3-pointer to open the scoring and just hit a long 2-pointer that sent Dallas into a timeout.
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again