- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
- Aaron Hernandez, ex-Patriot, on prison life: ‘I’m way less stressed in jail’
NCAA Capsules-Dallas Regional
Region: Dallas. Seed: No. 8.
Tournament Record: 1-4, 4 years. Last appearance: 2005.
Scoring: Team (74.5); Courtney Taylor 15.7; Brittney Scott 15.6; Porsche Landry 15.0.
Rebounds: Team (44.1); Courtney Taylor 11.4; Lesslee Mason 9.1.
Assists/Turnovers: Team (12.8/16.5); Porsche Landry 4.0/4.0; Veronica Hicks 3.3/2.3.
3-pointers: Team (.340); Brittney Scott 80.
Last Ten: 9-1.
The Skinny: Todd Buchanan was an assistant at Houston the last time the Cougars made the NCAAs. Now that he’s back as the head coach, the Cougars hope their pressing style will lead to a long run.
Nickname: Mountaineers. Coach: Mike Carey.
Conference: Big East. Bid: At-Large.
Region: Dallas. Seed: No. 9.
Tournament Record: 5-6, 6 years. Last appearance: 2010.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama hits new poll lows for approval 38 percent
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- LAMBRO: The dark lining to the silver cloud of Obamanomics
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Helping the YOUniverse conspire on your behalf.
A column dedicated to discussing politics, national security, civil liberties, and education.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow