- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
VCU punches ticket to Final Four
Shocks Kansas for 5th tourney win
Question of the Day
But the ones shocked were the Jayhawks (35-3), ranked second in the country. They missed 13 free throws and shot only 2-for-21 from beyond the arc. Walking off the court, Marcus Morris, who scored 20 points, tried to pull his jersey over his face and hide the tears.
After the final buzzer sounded, Burgess raced past the 14 police officers and 12 event staff keeping VCU supporters in the bleachers to embrace his father, Keith. Bearing an armload of white championship T-shirts, Rodriguez perched on a railing and teetered on the edge of falling into the crowd.
Skeen, who scored 26 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, sat the championship trophy on the media table for a radio interview, with instructions to keep it safe.
And when Smart stepped onto the podium set up in the middle of the court, he took a microphone and looked straight at the few hundred screaming fans.
“There’s one last thing,” Smart told the crowd. “We’re not done yet.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Declassified cables from Berlin Wall tell tale of drama, dare,
- Judge denies settlement motion in NFL concussion lawsuit
- Jay Gruden's long and winding road to Washington
- FENNO: Championship game provides an opportunity to listen to those who play
- FENNO: For Redskins, nonsensical is the new normal
Latest Blog Entries
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq