- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Waterpark in Virginia Beach expanding attractions
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — Ocean Breeze Waterpark in Virginia Beach is expanding its attractions.
Ocean Breeze's new owners announced Wednesday that construction is under way on Neptune's Revenge, a 1,500-foot, four-slide complex.
An addition to the children's play area called Hook's Lagoon also is being constructed.
Co-owner Kieran Burke says both projects are expected to be completed in time for the park's May 27 opening.
The Virginian-Pilot reports that Burke declined to say how much the projects will cost.
Burke and Gary Story bought the 19-acre park for about $7 million in January.
Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MEANS: U.S. economy on schedule to crash March 4, 2014
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again