- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
France’s first lady takes miss on Cannes festival
Question of the Day
PARIS (AP) - France’s first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy says she will not attend the Cannes film festival for “personal and professional” reasons and has refused to discuss news reports that she may be pregnant.
Bruni-Sarkozy has every reason to be present at Cannes’ opening Wednesday: the Woody Allen movie that she plays in, “Midnight in Paris,” kicks off the festival.
She confirmed in an RTL radio interview Tuesday that she won’t be there, saying “I really regret it,” but “I unfortunately can’t do it for personal and also for professional reasons.”
French media have speculated that Bruni-Sarkozy may be pregnant, but she has declined to discuss the issue.
A pregnancy could potentially improve the plummeting popularity of French President Nicolas Sarkozy ahead of next year’s election.
TWT Video Picks
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs