- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Serena Williams out of French Open
Question of the Day
PARIS (AP) - Serena Williams has pulled out of the French Open.
Williams has been out since last July after two foot operations, then blood clots in her lung, and has not fully recovered. French Open organizers said Thursday that Williams has been replaced in the main draw by Junri Namigata of Japan.
Venus Williams remains doubtful for the major that begins May 22. She has not played since January because of a hip injury. The sisters own a combined 20 Grand Slam singles titles.
Swiss player Timea Bacsinszky (left ankle) and Russian Dinara Safina (back) have also pulled out. They have been replaced by Anna Tatishvili of Georgia and Anne Keothavong of Britain.
David Nalbandian is out of the men’s tournament because of a virus, and is replaced by Daniel Brands of Germany.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq