- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
Boozer will try to play against Hawks
CHICAGO (AP) - Bulls forward Carlos Boozer and Hawks guard Jeff Teague were in the starting lineups for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals between Chicago and Atlanta on Monday.
Boozer had said after the morning shootaround that he was feeling "a lot better" after being limited by turf toe on his right foot and planned to suit up barring any setbacks during pregame warmups. He was a limited participant in practice on Sunday after sitting out Friday and Saturday following two off days.
His toe problem surfaced while scoring during the second quarter of Game 5 of the Bulls' opening-round series against Indiana.
Teague is starting at point guard for the Hawks with Kirk Hinrich likely missing the series after severely straining his hamstring in the clinching win in the opening round against Orlando.
Mostly a reserve during the regular season, Teague appeared in just two games and played a total of nine minutes against the Magic. Now, he has the unenviable task of trying to contain MVP candidate Derrick Rose.
"I won't be on an island. There will be a lot of others helping me out," Teague said.
Marvin Williams also started at small forward for the Hawks after coming off the bench in the opening round, with Josh Smith at power forward, Al Horford at center and Jason Collins in a reserve roll.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- LOZANSKY: World War III over Ukraine, anyone?
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Minister sees breakthrough 'in months' for long-split Cyprus
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again