- Obama slammed by black Chicago residents: ‘Worst president ever’
- WHO urges healthy gay men to take HIV prevention drugs, cites ‘exploding epidemics’
- Ukraine: Military plane shot down by rocket
- Ebola crisis in West Africa deepens; 500+ dead
- Propaganda song popular among Central Americans was devised by U.S. Border Patrol
- Sen. Rob Portman: Math is on GOP’s side to win Senate this fall
- Four-time deportee arrested for molesting 9-year-old Texas girl
- Private investigators turn to drones to catch marital cheaters, insurance liars
- Sleep issues can accelerate Alzheimer’s, while mental exercises can delay it, study shows
- IPad metal — nickel — faulted for causing allergic rashes
Red Wings’ Babcock eyes a Game 7 against Sharks
Question of the Day
ROMULUS, MICH. (AP) - The Detroit Red Wings are back home and liking their chances against the San Jose Sharks.
When asked Monday if he hoped to get back on a plane for Game 7 in San Jose, Detroit coach Mike Babcock said, "We're getting on it."
First, the Red Wings must avoid elimination again with a victory Tuesday night in Game 6 of this Western Conference semifinal. Babcock says Mike Modano will be in the lineup if Johan Franzen isn't healthy enough to play.
Detroit has won two straight games, including a comeback 4-3 victory Sunday night on the road. The Red Wings are trying to become the fourth NHL team to win a series after losing the first three games.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- EDITORIAL: The faux farmer in the Senate race in Iowa
- Sen. John McCain on illegal child immigrants: Fly them home, now
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- Eric Holder: 'Racial animus' fuels opposition to Obama and me
- Rand Paul to Rick Perry on Iraq: Get some new glasses
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs