- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Key women’s college basketball games this season
Question of the Day
Maggie Dixon Classic
Another strong doubleheader at Madison Square Garden features Baylor against St. John’s in the opener. Tennessee faces DePaul in the second game. Pat Summitt will get the Maggie Dixon courage award between games and a likely rousing ovation from the New York crowd.
Normally this would just be an interesting non-conference matchup between the Pac-12 and SEC. But that was before Nikki Caldwell left the Bruins to take the job at LSU this spring. Should be a strong test for both teams, once they get past the emotions and down to basketball.
JAN. 7, FEB. 27:
The Irish were picked to win the conference for the first time since 2002 in the preseason Big East poll. Not a huge surprise since they have most of last season’s NCAA runner-up squad returning that knocked out UConn in the Final Four. Don’t expect the Huskies to go away quietly as they have won the last four conference championships. The talented UConn freshmen class led by Kaleena Mosquite-Lewis.
JAN. 7, JAN. 29:
Michigan State-Penn State
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq