- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
Key women’s college basketball games this season
Question of the Day
Coquese Washington has No. 12 Penn State at its best ranking since the end of the 2004 season. Led by star guard Alex Bentley the Nittany Lions have high expectations for the season with four starters returning as well as Big Ten newcomer of the year Maggie Lucas. To win the conference title Penn State will have to get through defending champion Michigan State, which won its first outright title last season. Coach Suzy Merchant will need to find a replacement for Kalisha Keane if they want to repeat.
FEB. 11, FEB. 27:
Sadly, this will be the last time these two Texas rivals meet in the regular season as the Aggies head off to the SEC next season. Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said she won’t play Texas A&M anymore after the school leaves. The two teams played four times last season in thrilling games. Baylor won the first three, but Texas A&M won the final one in the NCAA regional final in front of 11,500 fans.
The ACC title should be on the line when these two meet in North Carolina. Miami has a talented veteran backcourt, while the Blue Devils have a budding young star in Chelsea Gray. The difference may be the play of Duke freshman Elizabeth Williams against transfer Pepper Wilson.
Denver will host the Final Four this year, marking the first time that it will be in the Mountain time zone. Hopefully, the altitude won’t effect play.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- Sebelius adds yet another exemption for Obamacare
- Breaking Bad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow