“I was the right tackle on that,” Montgomery said. “We had a couple different right guards. It was a combination of me getting a little bit of push and also the right guard stuck a better hand in there, also.”
• The Redskins scored a touchdown on their opening drive for the first time in 16 games dating to last November. They baffled the Seahawks‘ defense with play-action and marched 80 yards on 14 plays. It culminated with Davis‘ 2-yard catch in the end zone.
• Rookie left guard Maurice Hurt returned from an injured left knee and started the game in place of Tyler Polumbus.
• Sav Rocca’s punt with 39 seconds left in the first quarter resulted in his first touchback this season.
• Rookie running back Evan Royster gained 3 yards in the second quarter on his first career carry.
• Leon Washington’s 51-yard kickoff return to open the second half was the longest the Redskins have allowed this season.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
The president's men trash the Constitution to pursue antagonists
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention