- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
No. 5 Boise State, UNLV to rekindle old rivalry
Question of the Day
If history is any indication, Boise State will make the kind of fixes that make differences in games. In Petersen’s six years as head coach, the Broncos are 22-2 when they have more than 10 days to prepare for opponents, including bowl games and season openers.
The game could also include a little history making.
Broncos quarterback Kellen Moore needs one more victory to put him atop the all-time list for most wins by a college quarterback. With 45 under his belt, Moore is now in a tie for first with former Texas star Colt McCoy.
Moore has played down the record all season, content instead to credit the coaches and teammates who have made so many wins possible. But teammates such as Tyler Shoemaker, who has 28 catches and nine touchdowns this season, say Moore’s nonchalance is the real deal.
“I’ve talked to him about stats, and I think he understands and is appreciative of what he’s done here,” Shoemaker said. “But, really, he’s more worried about UNLV and winning that game than how many he’s won in his career.”
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Our Choice: Individual responsibility and self-government or the abandonment of the American Revolution
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow