- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
Iowa St now must build off Iowa win
Question of the Day
Johnson had done his part to push the Hawkeyes aside. After the game, he put a photo of himself celebrating on his Twitter account. He has since taken it down.
“The Iowa win was good. I’m going to still think about it every day,” he said. “(But) find a way to put it behind you and focus on the next opponent.”
Quarterback Steele Jantz, playing just his second major-college game, stung Iowa with four touchdown passes and converted several third-and-long and fourth-down situations. Jantz led the Cyclones to the tying touchdown with 1:17 left in regulation, then directed them to TDs in each of the three overtime periods.
The week before, Jantz produced two touchdowns in the last 4 1/2 minutes of a 20-19 victory over Northern Iowa, scoring the game winner himself on 1-yard sneak with 40 seconds left.
He will soon face a Connecticut defense that’s giving up only 214 yards a game and has allowed opponents to complete just 47 percent of their passes. The Huskies (1-1) also have recorded eight sacks.
Can he keep it up?
“I think he can,” wide receiver Josh Lenz said. “I think a lot of it’s just natural for him. He’s just a natural quarterback. He has a knack of making plays when he needs to and that’s what he’s doing.”
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world