- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
New details spill out in strange case of Vince Young impostor
Question of the Day
Denisse later emailed the photos to Ms. White.
“He brought a bear and flowers for my friend,” Denisse said. “He was such a good actor. But half my heart didn’t believe him.”
Denisse then confronted the man while the two were in her car.
“He looked at me, said I was a very special girl,” she said. “He acted like he was in love with me. He said, ‘I’m sorry, I know I lied to you, but I am a friend of Vince Young.’ He told me all these stories of how Vince Young had authorized him to use his name because he can’t find a woman to love him. He started crying.
“I gave him a hug and said, ‘You lied to me and I never want to see you again.’ He wanted to make sure that I forgave him. I said, ‘I forgive you.’ Then he left. I never saw him again. I just wanted to get him out of my car.”
• A Cleveland woman alleging that she met a Young impostor at a District nightclub and attempted to make a $1,500 donation to Mr. Young’s foundation, but instead wrote a check to “The Pittman Group,” a company supposedly working with the real charity.
• A Maryland woman alleging that a Young impostor that she met at the District’s Lima Lounge has been harassing and threatening her, and that she fears for her physical safety.
• A Philadelphia man alleging that he had been “hanging out” with a Young impostor in local and Philadelphia area bars during the summer. The email included pictures of the man - who is not Mr. Young - and a phone number for the man with a District area code.
• A District man alleging that a Young impostor approached a female friend at Georgetown’s L-2 Lounge and asked her to invest $10,000 in his charitable foundation in exchange for an interest return of 2 percent.
“We had another young woman come forward this morning and tell us that, ‘My gosh, this man is asking for money from me and wants to meet today,’” Ms. White said. “She just saw the news last night.”
“In the beginning, the women [contacting us] did all the legwork,” she said. “All of them came back with the same picture, the sex offender information. I actually talked to [Mr. Pittman] on the phone back in June, with the same phone number all the ladies had for him.
“I told him to stop posing as Vince and that we were on to him. He tried to convince me that I didn’t know what I was talking about and that I had the wrong person.”
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Patrick Hruby is an award-winning journalist who holds degrees from Georgetown and Northwestern. He also contributes to ESPN.com and The Atlantic Online, and his work has been featured in The Best American Sports Writing. Follow him on Twitter (@patrick_hruby) and contact him at PatrickHruby.net.
- Taking to Twitter: Everybody's Oscar night in 140 characters
- Glenn Beck, Michelle Malkin cry foul at WWE Tea Party stereotypes
- Oscar Pistorius and the 'roid rage' defense: It's no Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card
- Spatial media: Astronaut Chris Hadfield live chats from 220 miles above earth
- Hero-worship for a cold-blooded killer: The cult of Christopher Dorner
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Nobody likes to talk about dying. But we can help.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow