- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Germany’s Petkovic back to play Aussies in Fed Cup
BERLIN (AP) - Andrea Petkovic will play for Germany when it faces Australia in the Fed Cup playoffs, replacing injured Wimbledon semifinalist Sabine Lisicki.
Petkovic returns after missing more than three months because of a lower back injury. She will play alongside Angelique Kerber, Julia Goerges and doubles specialist Anna-Lena Groenefeld.
Germany coach Barbara Rittner says she is "surprised how fit Andrea is already."
Rittner decided not to risk playing Lisicki for the April 21-22 match in Stuttgart after the 13th-ranked player was told to take a two-week break to rest her sprained ankle.
Germany must beat Australia to stay in the World Group after losing to Czech Republic in the first round in February.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.