- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
NUGENT: All aboard for the Romney-Ryan Express
Republican veep pick just the ticket
Question of the Day
For those conservatives who whine that Mr. Romney is not conservative enough, his selection of Mr. Ryan was a conservative grand slam. If his selection of Mr. Ryan is any indication of things to come, happy days are here again for conservative politics.
The first and foremost message is that Mr. Romney recognizes that America has to get its financial house in order. No one understands how to defuse the gigantic debt bomb America is livingwith better than Mr. Ryan.
Our embarrassing $16 trillion debt and annual trillion-dollar kamikaze deficit spending by the Obama administration together are possibly the greatest threat America has ever faced. If we fail to tackle this insane self-inflicted problem, America as we knew it goes the way of the dodo bird.
Mr. Ryan understands America is at a financial tipping point with one foot over the edge. He hasn’t sat back and ignored the problem; he actually has done something about it. As the House Budget Committee chairman, he issued his brilliant “The Path to Prosperity” budget “blueprint.”
Much rough-and-tumble political hoopla will be made about Mr. Ryan’s plan over the next 90 days. Democrats recoil in horror at the proposition of accountability. Clearly, it is liberals’ kryptonite.
The Democrats’ lying political attack machine will put out nasty, false ads claiming Mr. Ryan’s plan will toss the elderly out in the street. Straight out of the anti-American Saul Alinsky playbook, the Democrats will scramble maniacally to do whatever they can to scare the elderly into believing Mr. Ryan is the Social Security and Medicare Antichrist.
Don’t believe any of it. The foundation of the Democratic Party is based on lies.
The truth is that left-wing politics have been an economic calamity and the cause of destroyed lives, businesses and entire communities. The Democrats think the federal government knows what is best for Americans. They couldn’t be more wrong, and the evidence is irrefutable.
The Ryan plan is exactly what America needs to begin the long and difficult journey to getour financial house in order. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan know Greece-like economic doom is not an option. At least not for people who care.
In stark contrast to the Ryan plan, President Obama’s plan is even more suicidal borrowing, more life-destroying spending, more unsustainable debt, proving unequivocally that our president and his team of Fedzillacrats and Ivy League academics are in way over their heads. Surprise, surprise.
Entrenched in the D.C. swamp, GOP members have jumped the conservative political ship by ignoring or compromising their conservative principles over the past couple of decades. This was a tremendously bad move.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Get Breaking Alerts
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson