- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Pa. company to propose arena for Virginia Beach
Question of the Day
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — A Philadelphia-based sports and entertainment company will present plans for a new arena to the Virginia Beach City Council on Tuesday in a possible first step toward bringing a professional sports franchise to the city.
Comcast-Spectacor spokesman Ike Richman says no professional teams have been identified as the potential tenant for the building. He says the company will elaborate on Tuesday.
Virginia Beach Mayor Will Sessoms told The Virginian-Pilot that Comcast-Spectacor has guaranteed that if an arena deal goes through, the company would bring a professional sports team to town. The company owns the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League.
Sessoms did not return a call seeking comment. A city spokeswoman refused to comment until after Tuesday’s presentation.
Tuesday’s meeting is open to the public.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors