- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
College Football: The Washington Times Top 124
Question of the Day
OUR TOP 25
1. Southern California
Upside: Matt Barkley is back and has unfinished business after the Trojans’ two-year bowl ban
Downside: Scholarship reductions leave Lane Kiffin’s team vulnerable to injury and attrition
Upside: Nick Saban’s juggernaut could simply plug-and-play its way back to national title game
Downside: Depleted defense can’t possibly match last year’s eye-popping numbers
Upside: With a year left, Landry Jones (12,379 yards) is already the Sooners’ career passing leader
Downside: Holes in defense need to be fixed to survive unforgiving Big 12 attacks
4. Louisiana State
Upside: The Mad Hatter has a fine cast of characters back from a 13-1 run to chase a national title
Downside: QB is a question — again — and a Honey Badger-less defense is just a tick less scary
Upside: Chip Kelly is still around, and Andrew Luck is not at Stanford; a Pac-12 North repeat is likely
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Budget has marks of Obama, but Congress hammered out deal without him
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Domino's launches its first vegan pizza
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow