- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
College Football: The Washington Times Top 124
Downside: Logan Thomas is great, but who will protect him? Or catch his passes? Or take his handoffs?
21. Notre Dame
Upside: Manti Te’o anchors a defense that can keep non-Denard Robinson foes in check
Downside: Can Tommy Rees and the offense consistently provide what the Irish need in big games?
22. Texas Christian
Upside: Horned Frogs dazzle in Big 12 debut and make a run at Oklahoma and Texas at year’s end
Downside: Upgraded schedule could wear down TCU and prompt a clear-cut regression
Upside: Only the Strong survive this run through the Big East; Cardinals first BCS bid since ‘06 is possible
Downside: If your returning starters on the line can’t put life into a less-than-stellar offense, nothing will
Upside: The foundation is strong in Palo Alto, and the Cardinal could post another 10-win season
Downside: Stanford could be out of Luck in more ways than one and slide back to Pac-12 pack
Upside: If Gators get hot in October, a surge to surprise SEC East championship is a possibility
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.