40. Tennessee: Patience with Dooley would surely run out with another losing season
41. Baylor: Post-RG3 era won’t be easy, but Briles has substantially upgraded Bears’ talent base
42. Rutgers: Ex-Maryland offensive lineman R.J. Dill wraps up his career with the Scarlet Knights
43. Northwestern: Schedule sets up for strong start, rough finish in Evanston
44. Mississippi State: Tamer expectations await this edition of the Bulldogs
45. California: The Golden Bears’ big names are back on offense after a ho-hum 7-6 season
46. UCLA: Will be curious to see how – and if – the Jim Mora Jr. Experiment works
47. Arizona State: Pigskin mercenary Todd Graham replaces pigskin mercenary Dennis Erickson in desert
48. Cincinnati: If offense doesn’t slide back with Collaros and Pead, Big East contention is possible
49. Louisiana Tech: WR Quinton Patton hauled in 1,202 yards, 11 touchdowns last season
50. Purdue: Boilermakers have clawed back to role as filler for Big Ten’s mid-tier bowl tie-ins
51. Texas Tech: Got to wonder if Tuberville will feel some heat if Red Raiders miss a bowl again
52. Virginia: Going to be difficult for Cavaliers to match last year’s eight-win season
53. Houston: The offensive system is still place post-Sumlin, so plenty of points are sure to follow
54. Iowa State: Rhoads has maximized in his first three years; look for more of the same in ‘12View Entire Story
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
In a world that is increasingly complex, we need to seek greater awareness of the blending of cultures and America's changing role in a global community.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Learn to take care of your health.
World's Ugliest Dog Contest
Spelling Bee finale
Marines train Afghan soldiers
Rolling Thunder 2013
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal