- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Key moments in PGA Championship history
Question of the Day
2007 (5 years ago)
Winner: Tiger Woods.
Course: Southern Hills.
Runner-up: Woody Austin.
Margin: 2 shots.
Winner’s share: $1.26 million.
Recap: Tiger Woods played in the final group of the first two majors of the year without winning, and the talk at the PGA Championship was that his game did not fit Southern Hills. He tied for 21st in a 30-man field at the Tour Championship in 1996 and tied for 12th at the 2001 U.S. Open. In stifling temperatures, Woods executed his game plan to perfection to win back-to-back in the PGA Championship for the second time and make sure the year did not end without a major. Woods had a 15-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole of the second round for a 62 that would have set a major championship record. It circled around the cup and he had to settle for 63, but he was on his way. The last challenge came from Woody Austin, who pulled within one shot on the back nine. Looking back, it’s curious to watch Woods hole a 25-foot birdie putt behind the eighth green and stumble as he turned to pump his fist. He said he wasn’t hurt. He had two knee surgeries over the next 10 months.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors