- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Zadzooks: God of War: Ascension (demo) review
Question of the Day
For example, extras include photo galleries, trivia facts (the average distance to the center of the Earth is 3,957 miles), 360-degree views of props (move finger around on screen to change angle), sharing film clips through social networks, videos on costume designs and an interactive timeline highlighting key historical moments from the years 1990 to 2127 in the Total Recall mythology.
Best of the bunch is a quartet of Green Screen Angle Viewers offering the simultaneous watching of multiple pieces of a special-effects-heavy scene.
A user can swipe his finger across the scene as it plays out to balance how he views its pre- to post-production evolution. It mixes shots of actors on a green screen with the pre-viz (a computer-generated storyboard) version of the scene with the finished shot.
Movie Touch is still not as immersive as the Disney Second Screen iPad app used for such films as John Carter, The Avengers and Tron, but it’s still a free resource that satisfyingly dissects the wonders of cinema.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
A graduate of Northwestern University with a degree in communications, Joseph Szadkowski has written about popular culture for The Washington Times for the past 17 years. He covers video games, comic books, new media and technology.
- Zadzooks: Angry Birds Star Wars review (Wii U)
- Zadzooks: Batman: Arkham Origins review
- Zadzooks: The Wolf Among Us – Faith review
- Zadzooks: Beyond: Two Souls review
- Zadzooks: Star Wars: The Black Series, Luke Skywalker figure review
Latest Blog Entries
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!