- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Clippers beat Jazz 116-114 for 16th straight win
Question of the Day
The loss dropped Utah below .500 at 15-16. The Jazz have now lost six of their last eight.
Al Jefferson added 22 points for Utah. Hayward had 17 off the bench for Utah.
DeAndre Jordan had 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Clippers, who had six players in double figures.
“It’s all tough,” Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. “On our home court. We had a lead, we gave up the lead but we continued to fight. We made some mistakes but fought our way through it and had a chance to win the ball game at the end. Unfortunately they got a lot of free throws.”
NOTES: An unidentified Jazz employee was disciplined and had his access to the team Twitter account discontinued after what team officials deemed an inappropriate tweet regarding the firing of Nets coach Avery Johnson and Brooklyn’s interest in Phil Jackson. The tweet said Jackson only wants “great players,” an apparent reference to ex-Jazz point guard Deron Williams, who had criticized Johnson’s offense. … Jazz point guard Mo Williams still has swelling in his sprained right thumb and remains out indefinitely. … The Clippers got a scare late in the first quarter when Lamar Odom came up limping. He returned in the second and finished with 12 points. … The Clippers failed to register a blocked shot despite coming into the game averaging 6.52.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq