- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Mixing fashion and motherhood: Moms on the runway
Question of the Day
“Just because you’re a mom, you don’t lose your sense of style,” she said. “You don’t lose your love of fashion. I’m big right now. I want to feel good.”
She walked in a pair of skinnies. “Who would have thought even five, 10 years ago that red skinny jeans would be something a mom eight months pregnant would be wearing down a runway,” Goodwin said.
Iman, who has her own cosmetics and accessories company, was recruited for the event by an old friend and fellow mom, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, the fashion director at Lincoln Center and an IMG consultant.
Balancing work life and home life while still looking and feeling good “isn’t always easy,” Winston Wolkoff said. “It was important to make this different than what Fashion Week is usually about.”
So what does Iman wear to the bank, the playground, a night out with hubby David Bowie?
“I may start with a suit in the morning, then a legging,” she said. “The important thing is we need a wardrobe that can change from playground to office to a night out. We still care about fashion.”
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq