- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Mercedes tops F1 test; Lotus fastest 2012 car
Question of the Day
JEREZ, SPAIN (AP) - The new Mercedes car topped Formula One preseason testing for a second straight day, while Lotus was quickest of the season's new competitors.
Nico Rosberg was fastest around the Jerez circuit on Thursday with a lap of 1 minute, 17.613 seconds, following Michael Schumacher's leading pace on Wednesday.
French driver Romain Grosjean in a Lotus was the fastest in the 2012 designs at 1:18.419. It was more than eight-tenths of a second faster than two-time defending world champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull, who was driving for the first time.
Lewis Hamilton's first spin in the new McLaren placed him fourth ahead of Jean-Eric Vergne of Toro Rosso. Fernando Alonso kicked off his Ferrari campaign with the seventh-fastest time.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world