- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
USOC to resume talks on revenue-sharing dispute
LONDON — U.S. Olympic Committee leaders will resume negotiations with the IOC this week about the revenue-sharing dispute that's been blocking potential American bids for the games, including the 2022 Winter Olympics.
USOC chairman Larry Probst and CEO Scott Blackmun told the Associated Press on Wednesday that they will hold talks with International Olympic Committee officials Friday in Innsbruck, Austria, during the inaugural Winter Youth Olympic Games.
The negotiations with the IOC, ongoing for more than a year, are aimed at resolving the dispute over the U.S. share of Olympic television and marketing revenues. The IOC believes the American cut is excessive and should be redistributed.
• Canadian freestyle skier Sarah Burke was in critical condition Wednesday, a day after she was airlifted from the mountains of Utah to a Salt Lake City hospital with injuries following a training accident in the superpipe.
The 29-year-old Burke is widely considered the foremost pioneer for her main sport of freestyle half-pipe. She lobbied aggressively to have it included in the Olympics, where it will debut in 2014.
Rome taking talk show from ESPN to CBS
NEW YORK — Sports talk show host Jim Rome is leaving ESPN for CBS' networks.
He will host a half-hour weekday show on cable channel CBS Sports Network called "Rome" starting in April. CBS said Wednesday that he would also have a sports and entertainment series on Showtime beginning late this year. Rome will contribute to CBS' coverage of the NFL, NCAA basketball and U.S. Open tennis.
Rome will continue to host his nationally syndicated radio show.
PGA commissioner Finchem gets four-year extension
HONOLULU — PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem has received a four-year contract extension, keeping him in charge of golf's biggest tour through 2016.
Finchem, 64, has been commissioner since 1994. He suggested last year he might be willing to stay on the job after his contract was up in 2012. The extension was approved by a policy board of five independent directors and four player directors.
From wire dispatches and staff reports
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014