- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
EURO 2012 LIVE: Spain 2, Italy 0
Question of the Day
1630: Will Spain throw off the shackles and attack more tonight? They beat Portugal on penalties in the semifinals after a 0-0 draw. Their 2-0 victory over France in the quarterfinals included a penalty and a 1-0 win over Croatia in the final group match needed an 88th minute winner from Jesus Navas. That’s just two goals from open play in 300 minutes of football. The coach has mostly opted for starting lineups without a recognized striker, hoping one of the midfielders will ghost into attacking positions and score. That’s risky _ especially gainst Italy which over the years has traditionally been a hard team to break down.
1615: Among tonight’s guests could be Belarus’ authoritarian president Aleksander Lukashenko. EU leaders are boycotting Sunday’s match over the jailing of former Ukraine premier Yulia Tymoshenko.
1600: So far, 72 goals have been scored and here are AP’s John Leicester top five contenders. Still time, though, for another entry or two tonight. Want your say? Contact us via Twitter:
DANNY WELBECK vs. Sweden: Brilliant for its cunning and exquisite timing.
ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC vs. France: An acrobatic kick Bruce Lee would have been proud of.
DAVID SILVA vs. Ireland: He passed it into the back of the net _ past one defender, through the legs of two others, and beyond ‘keeper Shay Given.
ANDREA PIRLO vs. England: The height of cool, chipping a penalty over the ‘keeper _ Panenka-style.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq