- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Italy
World War II veteran Lynn Maynard, 92, of Gillett, said the recent Twin Tiers Honor Flight trip "was the greatest thing that's happened in a long time to me."
Italy coach Cesare Prandelli is hopeful of taking Giuseppe Rossi to the World Cup in Brazil but is wary of putting pressure on the young forward as he recovers from injury.
Sebastian Giovinco and Fernando Llorente helped Juventus beat Udinese 2-0 on Monday and restore its eight-point lead at the top of the Serie A table.
Flavio Roda has been re-elected president of the Italian Winter Sports Federation, winning over half the votes.
Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano were called up for World Cup fitness tests Friday by Italy coach Cesare Prandelli, while in-form forward Mattia Destro was left out while serving a three-match ban in Serie A.
Keisuke Honda senses a growing confidence within the Japan team, and expects it will translate into results at the World Cup.
There was the Mario Balotelli-inspired 2-1 win over Germany in the 2012 European Championship semifinals. And long stretches of dominance over Spain in last year's Confederations Cup semifinals - even though Spain eventually won in a penalty shootout.
Italy's constitutional court has struck down a ban on egg or sperm donation for infertile couples.
Costa Rica coach Jorge Luis Pinto will need every bit of his tactical know-how if he is to lead the Central American nation out of Group D at the World Cup, where the team will play Italy, England and Uruguay.
Cesare Prandelli's recent contract extension as Italy coach is a testament to his team philosophy, moral values and winning tactics.
With three former champions in Italy, England and Uruguay, plus unpredictable Costa Rica, Group D could be the World Cup's toughest.
Diego Forlan recorded a television commercial recently wearing a T-shirt that read: "We're not the favorites, nor will we be a surprise. We are the team that no one wants to draw."
When Italy won the 2006 World Cup, then-coach Marcello Lippi pointed to the group collective as his squad's strongpoint - and the fact that each forward scored at least one goal over the seven matches attested to that theory.
Italy won both singles matches against Britain in straight sets on Sunday to reach the Davis Cup semifinals for the first time in 16 years.
Roger Federer moved closer to adding one of the few trophies still missing from his cabinet by putting Switzerland into the Davis Cup semifinals on Sunday, while Italy and France also swept their reverse singles matches to complete come-from-behind victories.