- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Italy
As Pope Francis joyously displays his faith, he models Saint Francis, who lived simply, served the vulnerable and considered all beings - including insects - to be his brothers and sisters.
The two-story house is quaint, with its blue-paneled garage door and matching awnings. A circular garden sits in the front yard, with a red rose perched against a black wood trellis with blue risers.
Leo Steinbrecher didn't expect to blend into the crowd at Saturday's trout opener at Roaring River State Park.
Neymar scored his second international hat trick to lead Brazil over South Africa 5-0 Wednesday night and Cristiano Ronaldo had a pair of goals to set Portugal's career scoring record in a 5-1 win over Cameroon as all 32 World Cup teams prepared for the tournament.
Cardinal Ricardo Ezzati Andrello, who is a Salesian and the Archbishop of Santiago de Chile, was elevated to the college of cardinals by Pope Francis in a Feb. 22 consistory, at the age of 72.
Your Top Plays for Today: AP's Sports Guide
Overcome by nerves before his Spain debut, Diego Costa did little to shake them with his performance in Wednesday's 1-0 victory over Italy.
An 11th-century Indian statue owned by an Ohio art museum may have been stolen before the institution purchased it.
Among the cardinals elevated by Pope Francis at the Feb. 22 consistory is Gualtiero Bassetti, Archbishop of Perugia-Citta della Pieve – a diocese which has not seen a cardinal since 1878.
Norway's Olympic sprint champions Ola Vigen Hattestad and Maiken Caspersen Falla won their classic sprint races in the World Cup on Wednesday, while American Kikkan Randall sealed the women's overall title in the discipline.
Pedro Rodriguez stole the spotlight from debutant Diego Costa by scoring Spain's second-half winner in a 1-0 friendly victory over Italy on Wednesday in a rematch of the 2012 European Championship final.
Teams and drivers for the 2014 Formula One championship:
Diego Costa has been overcome by nerves ahead of his debut for Spain.
Emphasizing that "values are values" and leaving aside the expression "non-negotiable values," Pope Francis has underscored the importance of the entirety of the Church’s social doctrine.