- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
EURO 2012 LIVE: Spain 4, Italy 0
Question of the Day
2253: Another chance for Di Natale but his shot goes straight at Casillas. Just before that, Italian defender Abate made a last-gasp interception to deny Spain a third. Iniesta was there to pounce but the Italian managed to stab it clear. Exciting game!
2248: Di Natale on for Cassano and has an immediate chance seconds after the re-start but he heads over the bar. The Italians are going to need to do something really special to get back into this game.
2232: HALF-TIME: Spain 2, Italy 0. A great opening 45 minutes from Spain. Beautiful, slick passing and a far more attacking attitude than in previous matches. They’ve still got no recognized striker out there, but does it matter? They find themselves 2-0 up and with one hand on the cup.
2230: A goal kick leads to the second goal as fullback Alba makes a 40-yard run into the box to take a pass from Xavi Hernandez and calmly slide the ball home for his first goal for Spain.
2223: Spain’s intricate passing game is being loudly booed _ either by anxious Italian fans or Ukrainians who don’t appreciate the subtlety. But the Spanish are gradually dominating possession as they have in previous games. But don’t forget it takes just one goal to change everything. 35 mins gone.
2214: The midfield is packed with bodies but both teams are managing to break away with piercing attacks. Spain having the better chances but Casillas just gets fingertips to a cross to prevent Balotelli from adding another to his tally.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world