- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
Kyrgyzstan pins medal hopes on wrester Tynybekova
She has even had to make the difficult decision to forgo the annual Muslim fast because the Olympics coincide with Ramadan.
“I thank God for all my achievements in sport and pray for more,” said Ms. Tynybekova. “But unfortunately, this year I must eat strong food to be in shape, but I will definitely fast afterwards to make up for it.”
Mr. Izabekov also thinks nutrition is essential during such high-level tournaments, which is why they are bringing a store of special supplies to London, including dried fruit and dried yoghurt balls called khurut.
“European food sometimes is not enough for us,” said Mr. Izabekov. “We would bring kymys, but it isn’t the right season for it,” he added, referring to Kyrgyzstan’s national drink of fermented horse milk.
“Unfortunately, there are not many female wrestlers here,” said Ms. Tynybekova.
“It is also bad for me as I need competition. But I really hope that by getting high achievements in London, I will be able to inspire many women in Kyrgyzstan to go for wrestling.”
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.