- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Judge appoints temp guardian for Jackson children
Question of the Day
“She sounded absolutely fine, lucid and her normal self,” he said.
The public battle was revealed early Sunday after a relative reported Katherine Jackson missing, but she was later located safely with other family members in Arizona.
Jermaine Jackson has said his mother was following doctor’s orders to cut off communications with the children, who range in age from 10 to 15. He didn’t provide further details.
Sanders said he was told she had high blood pressure before she left for Arizona.
His co-counsel, Sandra Ribera, expressed concerns during the hearing that Katherine Jackson may have been held against her will. Ribera said one of the singer’s children told her a conversation with the 82-year-old woman on Tuesday seemed to be monitored and influenced by others in the room.
Arizona authorities contacted Katherine Jackson on Sunday evening and it was determined she was safe, though her lack of communication with her grandchildren was described by TJ Jackson and others as unusual and unprecedented.
Randy Jackson appeared Tuesday on Al Sharpton’s MSNBC show PoliticsNation and said he believes his brother’s will is a fake and that the executors have engaged in criminal activity.
The estate, which recently reported it saw $475 million in gross earnings since Jackson’s death in June 2009, has denied wrongdoing and called the accusations “false and defamatory.”
Beckloff, who also oversees financial issues affecting Jackson’s estate, was initially reluctant to appoint a temporary guardian but changed his mind after hearing from several attorneys who expressed concern about the family’s problems.
He made the ruling after hearing TJ Jackson’s description of a “strange” conversation he had with Katherine Jackson on Tuesday evening.
“I’ve never heard my grandmother talk like that,” he said reluctantly. “In every way. The sound in her voice. The pauses.”
He said some of her speech sounded slurred and she used words that made him wonder if she was speaking in code.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq