- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Wolves bring Roy aboard, hope to add Batum
But one of the reasons McHale made the decision was concern about Roy’s knees, and a lack of cartilage severely limited him in 2010-11, when he averaged just 12.2 points, 27.9 minutes and shot 40 percent from the field.
Roy also was being courted by Chicago, Indiana, Cleveland, Dallas and Golden State, but ultimately chose Minnesota, where he’ll be relied upon to provide a veteran presence on a very young team while likely playing smaller minutes, at least at first, to maximize his production. The Oregonian first reported Roy’s decision.
Kahn, Taylor, Adelman and Wolves athletic trainer Greg Farnam visited Roy in Seattle last week to make a hard push for him. Roy is also close with Wolves assistant Bill Bayno, who coached him in Portland.
“Nicolas is really anxious to join and play with a great unselfish point guard, excited to play with a young team that thinks he is the missing piece,” Ndiaye said. “He had a great feel with the coach Rick Adelman and Nicolas thinks this is a system that will fit him.”
Follow Jon Krawczynski on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/APkrawczynski
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Ford Mustang through the years
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.