- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
Woman charged in connection with Manassas fatal crash
A woman has been charged with involuntary manslaughter following a crash that killed one and injured one in Manassas on Saturday night.
Lori Love Shipe, 52, ran a red light in her Lexus SUV, and crashed into a Ford Focus that was turning left from Prince William Parkway onto Dumfries Road at 10:27 p.m., according to police. Police say alcohol was involved.
The passenger in the Focus, 57-year-old Judith Ann Meyer of Powhatan, was killed in the crash.
A spokesman for the Prince William County police said the survivor, a 58-year-old man who was driving the Focus, is still in the hospital with injuries. A family dog in the Focus was also killed.
Shipe was originally charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, but received subsequent charges of aggravated involuntary manslaughter and maiming by DUI.
The Focus crashed into a third car, but no injuries from that vehicle were reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Man with stolen passport on missing jet is asylum seeker
- Al Qaeda to launch English-language Web magazine 'Resurgence'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again